Staff Email - Configuring Microsoft Entourage 2008
You may find it useful to print these instructions before proceeding.
- Close all applications.
- Launch Entourage. The Account Setup Assistant should appear on screen - click 'Configure Account Manually'
- In the 'Account Settings' box enter the following details as in the screenshot below:
- For 'Account name:' enter a unique profile name e.g. 'College Email Account' or 'Joe Bloggs' Email'.
- Under 'Personal Information':
- Enter your name in the 'Name:' box
- Enter your email address in the form email@example.com in the 'E-mail address:' box.
- Select 'Use my account information'
- Enter your College username for 'Account ID:'
- Enter 'college.tcd.ie' for 'Domain
- For 'Password:' enter your network login password, which will from now on also be your email password.
- For 'Exchange server' enter 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- Select 'This DAV service requires a secure connection (SSL)'
Install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 1 (12.1.0)
Install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 2 (12.2.0)
Using Microsoft Entourage
If you are new to using Entourage please see our web page outlining various usage instructions for Microsoft Entourage.
If you wish to use the calendar sharing facility please refer to our web pages outlining the various calendar sharing options.
To help prevent your Exchange quota filling up IS Services recommend you regularly save large attachments to your local computer and delete large email messages.
Where the same member of staff already uses Entourage 2008 to check their personal email and needs to check a non-personal email account they may add a second email account to the existing profile, so that both may be checked at the same time, or they can add a second profile. Both approaches are outlined on our web page outlining how to configure Entourage profiles.