Staff Email - Configuring Outlook 2011 (Apple Mac)
You may find it useful to print these instructions before proceeding
- Close all applications
- Launch Outlook 2011
- From the main menu choose Outlook - Preferences
- Choose Accounts
- To add a new profile click on the plus + symbol at the bottom left of the screen
- Enter a reference name for this account beside Account description:
Enter your Full name
Enter your email address in the form firstname.lastname@example.org beside E-mail address:
Ensure User Name and Password is listed beside Method
Enter your College username beside User name:
Enter your network login password beside Password:
- Once you have entered your account details click Advanced and make sure the following boxes are ticked:
Use SSL to connect (recommended)
Log in with Exchange account credentials
- Click OK. IT may take up to 30 minutes to download your email from the mail server depending on how much mail you have
If you wish to use the calendar sharing facility please refer to our web pages outlining the various calendar sharing options.
To help prevent your Exchange quota filling up IS Services recommend you check your quota usage online. You will need to enter your College username and network login password when prompted and then click the button 'Click this button - ONLY ONCE AND WAIT - for your quota status to be displayed'.
Help Using Outlook
If you are new to Outlook you may wish to view our web page on using Outlook.
Where the same member of staff already uses Outlook to check their personal email and needs to check a non-personal email account they may add a second email account to the existing profile, so that both may be checked at the same time, or they can add a second profile. Both approaches are outlined on our web page outlining how to configure Outlook profiles.