College Computer Rooms
The College computer rooms are located at different sites around the campus as well as some off campus locations. These rooms contain computers (PCs or Macs depending on the room) for ordinary use by registered staff and students. See our map of facilities to see the locations of the College computer rooms.
All College computer room computers contain standard software to facilitate email, web, and word processing usage, along with software for other common functions. Some College computer rooms have specialist software as requested by staff via the software request form.
All College computer rooms contain printers. For more information see our pages on printing in the College computer rooms. Some rooms also contain scanners, see our pages on scanning in the College computer rooms.
Some College computer rooms are for non-teaching use only whereas others are used for both teaching and non-teaching purposes. Staff wishing to book a College Computer room for teaching should contact the Enquiries Office.
Policy on College Computer Rooms usage
- Only holders of valid College usernames are permitted to use College computer room equipment.
- There are strict guidelines on the use of computers in College and these are listed in the College IT Code of Conduct.
- Users are obliged to produce a valid College student/staff card when requested to do so by a member of IS Services staff.
- It is strictly forbidden to use private computer equipment in College computer rooms. Students wishing to use their personal machines on the College network may avail of the TCDconnect service.
- Eating, drinking and the use of mobile phones are strictly forbidden in the College computer rooms.
- Where a teaching class is scheduled for one of the rooms, then all users must vacate the computers before the class starts. In some cases the lecturer may permit others to use the room during classes, however this is totally at the discretion of the lecturer who has booked the room.
- The playing of computer games is strictly forbidden in College computer rooms