TCDconnect - connecting your computer
Below is brief information regarding the TCDconnect service which allows students connect their own computers to the College network to get fast, secure internet access. Further information is available via the podcasts, linked to on the right, and also via the main TCDconnect section of the IS Services website.
The TCDconnect service allows you to bring your computer into College and connect it to the College network in order to gain fast, secure internet access as well as access to College network services.
- Wired connection is available in College residences
- Wi-Fi connection is available in selected areas throughout College - see the wireless network map
- Your computer must meet certain security and WiFi requirements. Before coming to College you can run a remote scan to see if your computer meets the software and security requirements.
- It is currently possible to connect iOS mobile devices such as iPhones and iPads to this service. A project is underway to deliver this facility for Android devices in the near future.
- The self-registration and connection process is outlined in the TCDconnect Guide for Students booklet, available outside the IS Services Helpdesk in Áras an Phiarsaigh and also via the connection process podcasts available above
- Some Frequently Asked Questions are covered in our TCDconnect FAQ
- Support with registration and connection problems is available in network clinics held in 199 Pearse Street. It is necessary to book a place on a clinic. No support for these issues is available from the IS Services Helpdesk walk-in service.
For more detailed information please see the main TCDconnect section of the IS Services website.